Why does a chicken lay two-yolk eggs?
The appearance of two-yolk eggs is an atypical case for laying hens, although it occasionally occurs in birds. The appearance of such an egg raises concerns for the health of the chicken that carried it, as well as for the safety of the use of this product, because this phenomenon is more an anomaly than a norm, and has not yet been fully studied.
Why is there two yolks in a chicken egg
The norm for chickens is the production of eggs with one yolk. However, there are times when the number of yolks increases. And two is not the limit. Quite rarely, there may be three or more.The appearance of such testicles is due to a number of various reasons, some of which are temporary and frivolous, while others are an occasion to beware and take action to treat the laying hens.
Did you know? The largest number of yolks found in one chicken egg is 9!
The safest reason for the appearance of an abnormal product is the age of the layers.
- Young hens at the very beginning of oviposition. In this case, Klush has not yet established a regular reproductive cycle. The period of establishing its stability is quite short - just over two weeks. It is at this time that the probability of finding a testicle with a double yolk in the nest increases. The cause of the anomaly is hormonal failure, during which two eggs mature at the same time in a young laying hen. Both yolks simultaneously enter the oviduct, protein forms around them, and in the uterus they are covered with one shell.
- Older whore. Also, this phenomenon can be observed in old hens, in which the period of laying is coming to an end. From old age, the feathered oviduct weakens, loses its tone and sinks, which is why an anomaly occurs. It is impossible to cure the bird, since physiologically the period of egg laying ends. In this case, it is best to put chicken on meat.
This is a trick used by farmers who want to stimulate early and frequent egg laying in chickens in order to obtain a large yield of egg products that exceeds the physiological capabilities of chickens. They give the birds special hormonal drugs to make them race faster.
Important! The reason for a significant malfunction in ovulation of young females may be an increase in the duration of daylight hours with which farmers stimulate egg laying in chickens.
As a result, due to a malfunction of the hormonal background and an overabundance of sex hormones, ovulation in klush is more frequent, and sometimes it coincides. Two eggs mature at the same time, which fall under one shell.
Failure in egg production occurs in laying hens in the presence of diseases of the oviduct canal. Salpingitis is the most common disease in which there are two yolks in one egg. This pathology is characterized by:
- inflammation and prolapse of the oviduct;
- deterioration of health of Klushi;
- blue scallop;
- violation of bowel movements.
Oviposition also suffers. Most often, it stops; sometimes eggs without shell or without yolk are formed. In rare cases, the appearance of two yolks. Most often, salpingitis occurs in young hens of the first year of life, which are highly productive and produce a very large number of egg products.Sometimes the disease can occur in old klush at the end of the laying period. If a sick individual laid a two-yolk egg, it will not look normal.
Obviously there will be obvious signs of the disease inside:
- inclusion of blood clots;
- thin shell or its absence;
- discolored yolks;
- irregular shape of the egg itself.
Another reason for the appearance of two yolks can be a hormonal failure in the chicken body. It can be caused by various reasons:
- unbalanced nutrition;
- too heavy and heavy feed;
- lack of nutrients and hunger strike;
- inconsistency of the conditions of detention with the needs of birds;
- low or too high temperature in the chicken coop;
- very long daylight hours;
- stress and fright.
Two-yolk eggs - normal or abnormal
Eggs with two yolks are found in nature, but this is an unnatural phenomenon. It is due to a number of malfunctions in the body. And, therefore, this anomaly can be considered as a deviation from the norm in the health of Klushi.
Important! According to statistics, the chance of an egg with two yolks is very small - only 1 in 1000.
The first purpose of eggs is the continuation of the species and the birth of offspring. However, there are no twin chicks. In nature, two chickens do not hatch from eggs with two yolks. There is too little space and nutrients under the shell for two organisms. Two chicks there simply can not fit and develop normally. Theoretically, one of the chicks could develop, while the second will die. However, in the event of the death of one of the embryos, the second is poisoned by the decay products of the deceased organism, due to which it also dies.Therefore, such eggs are not used for incubation. But as a food product, two-yolk eggs obtained from a healthy young chicken can be used and eaten, as they are useful and safe, and are no different from ordinary testicles. The danger is only that egg product, which is obtained either from a sick bird (but then, in addition to two yolks, other signs of the disease will be noticeable inside), or from hens grown on hormonal stimulants.
Eggs obtained on such preparations visually do not differ from a safe, environmentally friendly product. Therefore, it is impossible to distinguish them. But if you found this anomaly in the production packaging of eggs, then most likely the hormonal supplement to the chicken diet will be the reason. And it’s better not to eat such products.
Important! Eatable two-yolk eggs are guaranteed to be obtained from domestic young hens receiving high-quality nutrition without stimulants, and whose health can be personally observed.
How to solve this problem
The solution to the problem of two yolks should be primarily directed to the root cause that caused it.
- Young age of laying hens. If youngsters have such eggs, then you need to help the hens to stabilize the hormonal balance. To do this, you need to slightly reduce their daylight hours, for example, to a duration of 12 hours. After that, the length of the day can be gradually increased. Also, chickens need to be fed quality, supplying with all the necessary nutrients. At the same time, make sure that they do not overeat.
- The old age of laying hens. In this case, it is impossible to help the birds. Natural irreversible processes occur. And there is only one way out of the situation - to replace the old chicken with the young one, and put the old walleye for meat.
- Hormonal drugs. Such serious changes in the hormonal background of birds are dangerous both for themselves and for people who eat, their egg products. Therefore, hormonal stimulants must be immediately removed from the diet klush. In the best case, everything will normalize, though not immediately, but over time. However, there are times when the imprint of hormones remains on the chicken forever and this cannot be fixed. Therefore, it is better not to initially resort to such a dubious method of increasing egg production.After drug withdrawal, chickens can sometimes continue to lay testicles with two yolks, but now they will be safe for human consumption.
- Oviduct Disease. If, in addition to the two-yolkiness, other signs of diseases appeared (blood, a thin shell, any defects), then it is necessary to show the birds to the veterinarian who will prescribe the appropriate treatment. After recovery, the whales will begin to lay normal eggs again.
How to distinguish an egg with two yolks
An egg with two yolks is quite easy to distinguish in appearance from the usual one. It is much larger and heavier, and also slightly different in shape.
|with 1 yolk||5-6 cm||35–75 g||round|
|with 2 yolks||up to 8 cm||more than 100 g||elongated|
The difference is noticeable to the naked eye. For complete conviction, you can use the transmission through an ovoscope or simply using a bright lamp with a narrow beam, if the first is not available. When scanned inside the testicle, the presence of two denser yolks will be noticeable. In addition to them, you can also distinguish blood clots, if they are there.
The presence of a double yolk is a rather rare phenomenon. Therefore, it has long been aroused the interest of people who tried to understand the mystical meaning of this mystery of nature and understand what it means. It is not surprising that the anomaly is overgrown with signs that are still relevant for many modern people.The most common folk signs:
- to find an egg with two yolks - to luck in life and to money enrichment;
- if an unmarried girl is found - by the imminent wedding;
- if a man is found - to increase male strength;
- if a married woman is found - to replenish in the family, and birth of twins is not excluded.