Tomato "Miracle of the Earth": description and yield of the variety, especially cultivation and care
Bright representatives of large-fruited, tasty and not too whimsical varieties of tomatoes are the tomatoes of the Miracle of the Earth. The variety was bred on the territory of the Russian Federation and received official registration in 2006. It belongs to amateur varieties, but has many positive reviews from the farmers who cultivated it. Consider a detailed description of the Miracles of Earth tomatoes, recommendations for their cultivation, care rules and possible plant diseases.
Tomato bushes The miracle of the earth is distinguished by high height and an abundance of large fruits, which are placed on the stem with whole clusters. The fruits have a catchy shape.
Did you know? Tomatoes were first introduced into Europe in the middle of the XVI century.
A detailed description of this variety is presented below:
- Tomatoes "Miracle of the Earth" ripen in 90-100 days from the moment of transplanting;
- bush indeterminate, height is from 1.5 to 2 m;
- tomatoes of this variety require pinching, so that extra branches do not block the light for the lower part of the plant;
- the leaves on the bush are dark green, medium in size;
- 9-10 clusters of tomatoes can grow on one plant, 7-8 fruits on each;
- the fruits are large, have a heart shape;
- the mass of tomatoes ranges from 500-700 g;
- tomato bushes need a garter so that their branches do not break off under the weight of the fruit;
- the yield from each bush is about 5-7 kg of tomatoes;
- ripe fruits have a bright pink saturated color, without a green speck near the stalk;
- the peel is strong, thin and clean, does not crack;
- the pulp of tomatoes is dense, fleshy and juicy;
- collected tomatoes retain excellent appearance for two weeks, tolerate transportation well;
- plants are immune to major diseases, are resistant to various weather conditions;
- the variety is intended for growing in open ground, but when certain microclimate conditions are created, it can be grown in a greenhouse;
- per 1 square. m of territory it is recommended to plant 3-4 bushes of tomatoes so that the plants do not obscure each other.
Advantages and disadvantages
Tomatoes of this variety are highly appreciated by farmers who tried to grow them on their site. This is due to the large number of advantages of tomatoes.
- The list of positive qualities of the variety include:
- high productivity;
- beautiful shape of the fruit;
- great taste;
- strong peel that does not crack;
- endurance of plants in different climates;
- the presence of immunity to diseases.
Important! When growing the Miracle of the Earth variety, you can independently collect seeds from ripe tomatoes for the next sowing.
- The disadvantages of this variety include:
- the bushes are tall, with many fruits, so they need a lot of space;
- the need to tie plants due to the large number of fruits;
- plants need nutritious soil and regular fertilizing;
- ripe tomatoes are large, so they can not be used for conservation in general.
Growing tomato seedlings The miracle of the earth has no specific features. But finding seeds of this variety on sale is not easy.
To grow seedlings, you can either independently stock up tomato seeds from the previous harvest, or buy them from summer residents who cultivate this variety. You must follow the rules for preparing the soil and seeds, as well as follow the sowing algorithm and maintain a suitable microclimate in the room with seedlings.
Successful cultivation of tomato seedlings Miracle of the earth will require good illumination of the sprouts.As soon as the planted seeds have sprouted, you need to rearrange them on a windowsill illuminated by the sun. If the street is cloudy or daylight still short, then phytolamps are placed near the shoots, replacing sunlight.
The air temperature in the room with seedlings must be controlled. After sowing the seeds and until the first seedlings, the seedlings are kept at a temperature of +25 ° C. Then the container with the sprouts should be kept at a temperature of about +20 ° C to strengthen the roots of the plants and prevent the stem from growing excessively high. If young seedlings grow too quickly, their stem will be fragile and thin.
The humidity in the room with seedlings should not exceed 60%.
Did you know? In the world there are more than 10,000 varieties of tomatoes.
It takes 60–65 days from the moment of planting the seeds to grow tomato seedlings of the Miracle of the Earth variety. Start work on growing tomato seedlings at the end of March.
The process of growing seedlings from seeds begins with the preparation of planting material:
- Check the expiration date of the seeds indicated on the package.
- Pour the seeds with a weak solution of potassium permanganate and leave for 20-25 minutes - this will eliminate pathogenic microorganisms. Then the seeds are washed with clean water and dried.
- They process planting material with special preparations that stimulate plant growth.
For sowing seeds, you need to select a container of suitable size and fill it with soil. You can use the soil purchased in the store - it contains the necessary fertilizers for the plants and is processed from harmful microorganisms.
If ordinary soil taken from a garden plot is used to grow seedlings, then it must be disinfected. For this purpose, special preparations, for example, Fitospirin, are suitable. It kills all harmful microflora in the soil.
A step-by-step instruction for sowing the seeds of the Miracle of the Earth variety is presented below:
- In the prepared soil, make several grooves with a depth of 1 cm. It is recommended to leave about 2 cm of space between adjacent grooves. Pour water indentations.
- Place the tomato seeds in the prepared grooves at a distance of 2 cm from each other and sprinkle with dry soil.
- Pour seeds with a little warm water.
- Cover the container with foil and put in a warm place for 5-7 days for the appearance of green sprouts.
Tomato seedlings of the Miracle of the Earth variety need proper care, watering and regular fertilizing. These measures will help the tomato sprouts grow stronger and transfer the transplant well to the open ground.
The basic principles of seedling care:
- When small green sprouts appear on the surface of the soil, the film must be removed, and the container with seedlings should be moved to a well-lit place.
- You need to water the seedlings as the soil dries up, you can not fill the plants with water too much - this will lead to decay of the stem.
- After the appearance of two leaves on the sprouts, seedlings need to be planted in separate pots with a volume of at least 0.6 l, so that the root system of plants has room for growth.
- Every 10-14 days you need to make fertilizers containing saltpeter, potassium, magnesium and superphosphate in pots with sprouts.
- 14 days before transplanting into open ground, seedlings are taken out to fresh air, gradually increasing the time they spend on the street.
Planting seedlings in the ground
Tomato seedlings The miracle of the earth is usually ready for transplanting into the open ground at the age of 55-60 days. Before this procedure, it is necessary to treat them with means that prevent the occurrence of diseases.
Important! Growth stimulants can be used to help strengthen the root system of tomatoes.
Transplanting seedlings in open ground is carried out only after the soil has warmed up well. For tomatoes, you need to choose a well-lit and protected from wind gusts area, next to which there are no plantings of potatoes, eggplant or pepper.
The technology of transplanting the miracle of earth into open ground is described below:
- Loosen the soil on the site and treat it with Fitosporin to prevent the occurrence of diseases and pests.
- Fertilize the soil. You can use an aqueous solution of honey and vitriol (1 tbsp. L. Each ingredient in 5 l of water).
- Prepare the wells. It is recommended to use a 50x60 cm pattern or a little more. Pour some water into each well.
- Remove the seedling from the personal pot with an earthen lump and place in the prepared hole. Sprinkle the roots of the sprout with earth.
- Lay a small layer of compost or rotted manure around each stalk.
- Next to each bush, install trellises or trims for tying plants.
In order for the tomato bushes of the Miracle of the Earth to bring a large-fruited and plentiful crop, they must be provided with proper care. Tomatoes of this variety love nutritious soil. Particular attention must be paid to watering and pinching plants, the quantity and quality of the crop directly depend on this.
Did you know? Each year, more than 60 million tons of tomatoes are grown on the globe.
Watering and fertilizer
Tomato bushes of this variety can withstand prolonged drought. During the summer heat, the leaves on the plants curl around the edges - so they save moisture. In this case, it is worth worrying only when the leaves begin to decrease in size - this may indicate improper care of the plant. In order to collect the maximum yield from the bush, you need to provide him with enough water.
On hot summer days, watering the Miracle of Earth tomatoes is necessary on average every two days. In this case, it is necessary to observe the measure and not too fill the plants with water. In case of excessive watering, various diseases can develop in the tomato bushes, and the fruits will taste watery. If the soil around the plants is mulled, then watering can be done once a week. About 1 liter of water is needed for young plants, and up to 2 liters for adult bushes.
The timing of fertilizing plants is determined depending on how nutritious the initial composition of the soil was at the time of planting the seedlings.
Be sure to apply fertilizer at the following stages:
- 14 days after planting the seedlings in the open ground - apply organic fertilizers from mullein, bird droppings or grass infusion obtained from the fermentation of weeds in water for a week;
- during flowering of tomatoes - make nitrogen fertilizers;
- if the flowers of tomatoes are poorly pollinated and do not form fruit ovaries - the bushes should be sprayed with a solution of boric acid;
- during the period of active growth and the formation of ovaries - they feed bushes with preparations with phosphorus, copper and boron;
- when the ripening of tomatoes begins - they add potash and phosphorus fertilizers.
Experienced vegetable growers are advised to feed tomato bushes every 10 days, alternating organic and mineral fertilizers. This will allow you to get the maximum yield of tomatoes.
Weeding and loosening the soil
For good growth and moisture preservation, the soil around the tomato bushes must be loosened periodically. This contributes to a better flow of air to the root system and favorably affects the condition of the plants. It is best to loosen the soil immediately after watering. Repeat this procedure every 2 weeks.
Weed grass growing between tomato bushes should also be removed. Weeds obscure young tomato shoots, suck out moisture and nutrients from the soil. Manual weeding of weeds is recommended at least 2 times during the summer. Many gardeners mulch tomato beds.
A layer of mulch from straw or humus gives a number of advantages:
- retains moisture in the soil longer;
- makes the soil loose and crumbly, improves air exchange;
- prevents weed growth and pests;
- is a natural fertilizer for plants.
Bushes of tomatoes Miracle of the earth grow quite high and take up a lot of space. It is best to grow them in two or three stems. Each of the shoots of the plant must be carefully tied to a separate stable support.
If the foliage on the lower branches of the tomato bush is too thick and completely covers the fruits, then the extra leaves also need to be cut off. But at the same time, make sure that the tomatoes do not remain uncovered in direct sunlight.
This procedure is mandatory for the tomatoes of the Miracle of the Earth. Extra lateral shoots are overgrown with leaves and cover the lower branches with fruits from sunlight. On the lower tiers of the plant, the largest tomatoes are usually located, which need light for full ripening. The chopping should be done at least once every 10 days. All excess side branches located at a height of 30 cm above the ground and reaching a length of 7-10 cm must be removed. Bushes are planted until mid-July. After this, the young shoots are not removed.
Important! During pinching, you need to ensure that direct sunlight does not fall on the tomatoes.
Diseases and Pests
Tomatoes of this variety have good immunity to various infections. But with improper care, plants can be attacked by infections or pests.
A list of the most common problems is presented below:
- Tobacco mosaic. A sign of the disease is a characteristic pattern with marble veins on the leaves of the plant. The treatment consists in pruning the affected branches and leaves. To prevent the spread of infection, the sections of the slices are carefully treated with a solution of potassium permanganate. To prevent tobacco mosaic, you need to adhere to the correct regime for watering tomatoes.
- Twisting leaves and reducing their size. The reason may be a lack of watering or too hard pinching. To fix the problem, you need to water the bushes more often, and spray them with cool water in the heat. If the number of leaves on the bush is small, then you need to give the plant the opportunity to grow leafy mass.
- Brown spotting. It is characterized by the appearance of small brown spots on the leaves, which increase in size over time. Treatment depends on the degree of damage to the plants. If the infection has spread to all the bushes, they use the special drugs “Barrier” or “Barrier.” This disease occurs as a result of improper watering or too high air temperature, therefore, for prevention, you need to adjust the watering of tomato bushes. In too hot weather, you need to spray tomato bushes with cool water.
- Mite. It spoils the leaves of plants, as a result of which the stem gradually dries and the bush disappears. The most common pest control is soap solution. All affected leaves and areas of plants should be thoroughly rinsed with a solution. Processing is repeated until the parasites are completely gone.
- Slug. They eat the green mass of tomato bushes. To combat the pest, you need to sprinkle soil around the stems of plants with ash. The use of hot pepper for processing leaves and branches of tomatoes gives a good preventive effect.
The first ripened tomatoes of the Miracle of the Earth variety are harvested already 90 days after seed emergence. The bulk of the harvest is harvested from late summer to early fall. During this period, you need to inspect the tomato bushes daily and immediately take off the ripened fruits so that they do not create an additional load on the branches of the plant. Tomatoes must be picked when their color turns bright pink, but until they become soft.
Storing tomatoes Miracle of the earth is necessary in a dry and cool room, a basement or cellar is suitable. Tomatoes are put in clean boxes made of wood or plastic. Under such conditions, they can be stored for up to 14 days.
Video: Collectible variety of tomatoes "Miracle of the Earth"
Following all the recommendations for growing seedlings and caring for tomato bushes of the Miracle of the Earth variety will help to get a plentiful harvest of beautiful and incredibly tasty tomatoes.